THE FOUR MODES OF LISTENING
“The key to unleashing your listening is to develop your four modes of listening.”
THE MODES ARE
- What is your intention as a listener?
- What do you do to get ready to listen?
- What tells you if your attention is wavering and how do you bring it back?
- Where do your questions come from?
- What do you do with the ideas that pop into your mind as you listen to someone?
- How often do you hear and engage with the emotional truth that lays beneath the words?
- What are you most likely to notice in someone to whom you are listening?
- How frequently and how easily do you reflect back what you observe when listening to someone?
- What beliefs do you hold about non-verbal communications that come from your cultural background?
- How empathetic are you? How do you show, express or act on your empathy?
- What enables you to strike a balance between connecting with your colleagues and remaining resilient for them?
- Do you trust your intuition as a leader of others?
Get in touch
“Being heard is so close to being loved that for
the average person, they are almost indistinguishable.”
If you would like to talk about developing your listening as a leader or about how we might work with your team or group, get in touch